Friday 12 August 2016

Tirad Pass (Vigan, Ilocos Sur)

Tirad Pass (Vigan, Ilocos Sur)

                                                            https://www.skyscanner.com.ph/news/top-5-historical-sites-philippines

"The General (Emilio Aguinaldo) has given me a platoon of available men and has ordered me to defend this pass. I am aware what a difficult task has been given to me. Nevertheless, I feel that this is the most glorious moment of my life. I am doing everything for my beloved country. There is no greater sacrifice." – Gregorio Del PilarEver heard of “The Battle of Tirad Pass”? It was a fight that raged between Filipino and American soldiers at a mountain pass in the highlands of Ilocos Sur. Against three hundred Americans, sixty Filipino soldiers, led by Brigadier General Gregorio Del Pilar, fought a nevertheless great battle with eight people to make it out alive.Today, Tirad Pass serves as a symbol and testament of bravery, heroism, and sacrifice of Del Pilar and his men. Along the trail of the popular tourist site is a shrine of Del Pilar on a horseback that marks the late general’s burial spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment